Updated: February 4, 2019
Emparty is a fast-growing, early stage startup in Mountain View, CA, focused on making it faster, easier, and a lot more fun to put together small parties and events. We’re a marketplace that brings together party organizers with service providers. Think of us as Expedia for parties — a single place where you can find and book venues, service providers, rental party supplies, and more.
The company was founded in April 2018 by Natalie Frank (Avis, Deliv), Kenny Pate (eBay, Deliv), and Ted Dziuba (eBay, Oak Labs), and we closed our pre-seed round of funding in May 2018. We have a long and growing list of customers lined up to use the service. (For real. We’re not kidding. The pressure is on.)
We are looking for a software engineer to join the team, and help build the technology to tie thousands of reservation calendars together in one spot. It’s one of those technical problems is simple at first, but starts to look NP-complete, the more you stare at it.
You would be joining a small team of capable engineers to build the back-end systems that power the Emparty Marketplace, such as calendar inventory management, search & discovery, money movement, and the client-facing API.
- Build responsive, accessible and performant UIs using a modern technology stack.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with backend, qa, design and concept teams.
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
• 5-7 years as an individual contributor in an engineering role
• Experience building and deploying single page applications at scale using either the Angular, React or Vue ecosystem (we are using Vue)
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with software planning systems Jira
• Experience with git
Extra Points For:
• Experience with Docker and Python
• Experience with RFCs 2445 and 5545 (iCalendar) a plus
You must be able to work in our Mountain View, California, office. (Technically it’s Palo Alto, but near 101 and San Antonio.) Remote workers will not be considered, so don’t even ask. At this time, Emparty is unable to provide relocation assistance or visa support.
Emparty is dedicated to diversity, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.